Monday 29 July 2013

Hot Stuff - Part IV - The Final Chapter?

As I expected, EE switched off my SIM on Friday. I guess it says something about how unreliable the service was that I didn’t really notice until very late in the afternoon/early evening. I was expecting this to happen at any time, so whilst being a little inconvenient, it wasn’t too much of an issue.

In the meantime I popped in my old Orange PAYG SIM, and made a quick visit to Carphone Warehouse to top it up with a tenner (something I’ve not done for a good few years) so a few important people would be able to reach me in case of an emergency.

Amazingly, on returning home from work I discovered the new SIM from EE had already arrived, good work EE. What a shame their staff at the Stratford store weren’t up to the quality of the people on telephone support!

Putting the new SIM into the phone I expected it to be dead, however it worked straight away picking up a decent signal.

So end of story…. Probably.

I’m still getting a few signal problems in areas that should be well covered, but it seems I’m getting much better coverage overall. Additionally the phone is still getting very hot whilst doing seemingly simple things (like listening to a Podcast from the “Podcast Lounge” app, whilst using mobile Internet Explorer), so that remains some concern. I guess I’ll just have to keep an eye on it and contact Nokia if things seem too bad.

So far then, a decent outcome, albeit with a couple of hiccups along the way.
I’m yet to try tethering, so that remains a concern I suppose, but that aside, this will be hopefully the last post on this little incident.


Now, I just need to take the phone back to the care point at some point, to get the dust cleaned out of the front facing camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment